Good news! Pecans are no longer just for pie and ice cream. Loaded with antioxidants, healthy fats and nutrients, and more than 19 vitamins and minerals, pecans are nutritional powerhouses. Make snack time even easier this time of year with pecan butter.
Whether you or your little ones need some energy after lunch or before sports practice, this irresistible spread is the perfect way to amp up the flavor and nutrition of your between meal bites. Still not convinced? Check this quick list of things you can thank pecans (and pecan butter!) for:
- Pecans contain more than 19 vitamins and minerals—including Vitamins A, B, and E folic acid, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and zinc just to name a few!
- One ounce of pecans provides 10% of the Daily Recommended intake of fiber
- Pecans are the most antioxidant-rich tree nut according to research from the USDA
- Because of their antioxidants and ability to reduce systolic blood pressure, pecans contribute to a healthy heart
- Pecans are high in healthy fat. Fats that keep you feeling full for longer and impact the ghrelin a.k.a. the “hunger” hormone]
- The copper in pecans helps reduce inflammation, especially for pain and stiffness caused by arthritis.
Stay healthy and put a new twist on your favorite snacks with pecan butter.
Have fun with the kids after school
Involve the kids in the food prep to make snack time an interactive, teachable moment.
Wise English Muffin Owls
Get smart for homework time!
Serves 1 - 2Ingredients
- 1 banana, sliced
- 4 blueberries
- 2 strawberries
- Several generous spoonfuls pecan butter
- 1 english muffin, halved and slightly toasted
Spread pecan butter on english muffin half. Place two slices of banana where owl eyes would be. Add blueberry on top of each banana slice. Cut strawberry in half, place where owl nose would be, cut side down. Cut remaining half of strawberry in two, and place where owl wings would be. Repeat for remaining english muffin half.
Loaded Apple Nachos
When you need a little sweet with your healthy, try this out!
- 2 apples, sliced
- ¼ cup of Purely Pecans Sea Salt Y'all pecan butter
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons mini-chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut (optional)
Put apple slices on a plate. Drizzle with pecan butter and cover with raisins, chocolate chips and toasted shredded coconut.
Avoid the after-lunch slump
There’s a reason nut butters and certain fruits go together. Upgrade the ultimate classics with pecan butter. Whether you slather it, spread it, or dip it, it’s simply a match made in snack heaven.
Ants on a Log
Just spread some pecan butter on a celery stick and cover with raisins. Almost instantly, you’ve got a healthy snack that’ll put a smile on everyone’s face!
Pecan Butter Dippers!
Dunk dried banana chips, apple slices or pretzels into pecan butter for an easy and quick bite.
Pecan Butter + Bananas
This power-packed snack requires zero prep time and satisfies hunger instantly. Put it between two slices of bread for a quick sandwich. Add a drizzle of honey if you have it on hand.
Pecan Butter + Apples
The crispy, juicy texture of an apple goes perfectly with the thick, creamy texture of pecan butter. Cut apple into slices and generously spread with pecan butter. (We won't tell anyone if you slather it on the apple as you bite right in to it.)
With a Spoon (our personal favorite)
Throw caution to the wind, skip the prep and let everyone just dig right in!
In a nutshell
The options are limitless when it comes to incorporating pecan butter into healthy and easy snacks. Plus, you and your little ones will go nuts for them. What's not to love?
We're goin' nuts for back to school!
To help you and your kiddos get ready, we're giving away a backpack full of our clean-label Purely Pecans pecan butter. PLUS a $250 Target gift card so you can stock up on all the supplies you need. (As a bonus, all entrants receive 10% off their purchase of pecan butter before August 22). Don't wait, enter today!
(Giveaway ends August 22.)